This post will take a quick look at the last two objectives in section one of the VCP-NV blueprint, namely:
- Explain VMware NSX Integration with Third-Party Products and Services
- Explain VMware NSX Integration with vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
As with my previous posts on VCP-NV, I’ll keep this short rather than try and reproduce content that is already out there and better than what I could do myself! Instead I’ll be posting links to that content.
My posts on VCP-NV will get more detailed when we get to the practical stuff…
VMware NSX Integration with vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
vCAC has capability to dynamically provision NSX services tailored to the needs of each deployed application. VMware have created the following videos covering NSX integration with vCAC:
- vCAC Automated Provisioning with VMware NSX Overview
- Managing Network Profiles for NSX Integration
- Preparing vCloud Automation Center for NSX Integration
VMware NSX Integration with Third-Party Products and Services
- NSX, as well as working with vSphere, will work with other hypervisors such as Xen and KVM. NSX uses Open vSwitch when used with non-ESXi hypervisors, as described in detail here.
- NSX can also integrate with OpenStack, as detailed here.
- NSX integration with F5 BIG-IQ Cloud, detailed here.
- Palo Alto Networks – VM series NSX Integration, detailed here.
… and many others, which will no doubt be increasing rapidly…
Useful Links and Resources
HOL-SDC-1319 – VMware NSX for Multi-Hypervisor Environments